Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Open Shelving in the Kitch

So for the last couple of years I've seen more of a movement towards open shelving in the kitchen.  Some with only bottom cabinets and top mounted shelves and some just taking the doors off of the top cabinets.  I originally thought it was a passing trend but I think it's here to stay.  I like a lot of the kitchens I see, with the beautiful  tile back splash going to the ceiling and wonderfully edited shelves but if you're a hoarder probably not for you.  I do think it would force me to be more organized and perhaps donate some of the stuff that never gets used in our kitchen but I don't know if I can make that commitment just yet.

Here's a few pics:

open shelving 
This is a little kitchen, but has big impact and it looks more like a cabinet unit with the doors removed rather than stand alone shelves. 

Open shelving 
The tile is insane gorgeous and the shelves are styled beautifully.

cottage living magazine 
This is like a happy medium.  The closed cabinetry on the bottom and top cabinets all the way to the ceiling allowing for one shelve running below.  It maximizes space to the ceiling while allow for more covered storage.

More open shelving 
I mean, you know your fancy when your glassware matches the beautiful tile back splash.  

No comments:

Post a Comment