Sunday, September 16, 2012

Closet Overhaul

So last week  I took on the daunting task of organizing our closet.  Now, let me just give you folks some back story so you know where I am coming from.  Paul and I share one closet...yes you heard that correctly.  Our home was built in the 1950s and is a very quaint 1050 square feet so,obviously closet space is at a premium.  So, in an effort to get that thing organized I took to the good old internets, and you know what I found... only pictures of big fabulous spaces.  Like so:




So, that is great and all but this chick doesn't have the space or money right now to have a closet like that.  So back in reality I asked around on people's thoughts for space savers etc.  My friend, Missy, suggested the "huggable" hangers and I can not even tell you the difference they make.  They are very streamlined, come in a variety of colors and they keep the clothes on the hangers... what a novel idea.  I haven't replaced all the hangers becauseI don't have that kind of cash right now but gradually I will phase out the old and bring in the new.  So here, it goes... the before and after progress of the closet.  If anyone out there as any space saving ideas for a small closet I would gladly appreciate them. :)


 This chaos above created so many temper tantrums on my part when trying to get ready, it's insane.

 Progress



I mounted a hook to the left of the closet to hang my outfit for the day, especially during the work week this helps me immensely to get to work on time.

I organized my jewelry by covering an old cork board in burlap and framing it.  It is a perfect place to corral some of my jewelry and a great way to see what I'm working with.  (p.s. the pink hair clip on there was from Breast  Cancer awareness)


1 comment:

  1. Well done, love the curtain vs. closet doors! Love, love, love the jewelry organizer, very smart. That needs to go on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete