OK, back to my house, sorry for the side track on a 1970s sitcom. So obviously this room just needed a couple of cosmetic changes. The layout of the house is an open floor plan so colors have be consistent from room to room in order to not evoke feelings of complete chaos (I have enough of that dealing with the general public... I don't need it at my home also).
So, I painted the walls a buttery yellow (thinking about repainting but haven't been able to commit to a color), we laid new tiles, added a bistro style dining table, stools and a pie safe we were lucky enough to get courtesy of Paul's grandparents on his mom's side. We stripped it and stained a turquoise color to make it a little less traditional looking and added some like colored linens. I made a rug (more on that at a later date) with fabric that coordinates with everything else. So here it is now.
This is my attempt at a homemade terrarium. It is basically an apothecary glass jar with soil, pea gravel and a jade plant. I just did it so I guess we'll see how well the jade enjoys this little home.