Sunday, August 26, 2012

California Part 2


So on our recent trip to California we spent a couple of days in San Francisco.  I love San Francisco, it's such a unique city with so much to offer that I never feel like I've seen all there is to see there even though we have been lucky enough to visit a handful of times.  I didn't take many pics while we were there because I was too busy eating to be bothered with taking a photo.  



The first night we were there we went Public Works, they have teamed up with Forage SF  to host events every so often where local food entrepreneurs can present their food to the public without having the cost and overhead of a restaurant space.  It was amazing!  Foods from all different genres, amazing music and great prices.  My favorite was the sandwich from Rice Paper Scissors.... it was delicious.  






Our time in SF was mostly spent eating and one night we decided we were going to get ice cream before we ate dinner.  We went to Mitchell's and let me tell you that was some good stuff.  We also heard good things about the ice cream at Bi-Rite and Smitten.  Obviously, the time limited our ability to ice cream sample our way through San Fran but we have a good working list of what to try next time.

One morning we ventured to the Mission District to eat (imagine that) brunch at the Front Porch Restaurant. I would call it Southern fusion and it was mighty tasty.  Living in the south I have pretty high standards of what "southern cuisine" should taste like and I have to say I was a bit skeptical but these people don't mess around and the obviously know what they are doing.  Plus, they have beignets and if a restaurant has beignets they are automatically awesome in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment